Warning: reading this may cause some serious drool. This Italian coffee and gelato concoction is rich to say the least and meets my coffee addiction and sweet tooth half way. What a team player!
- Serves 1
- Prep: 10 minutes
- 1 scoop salted caramel gelato
- 1/2 scoop cioccolato/chocolate gelato
- 1 cup of hot, strongly brewed espresso
- Garnish: shaved dark chocolate(I used a pistacchio infused bar that I certainly did not regret)
- Extra credit: a small pizzelle cookie
1. Brew a cup of strong espresso. (You’re going to have leftovers. I won’t judge if you end up sipping up what’s left!)
2. While your espresso is brewing, swirl together your salted caramel and cioccolato gelato. Place in a bowl and freeze until your espresso has started boiling.
3. Turn off the heat and allow the coffee to cool slightly until warm enough to sip. (Here you go coffee addicts… an opportunity to “test” out your favorite caffeinated vice!)
4 . Pour a splash of warm espresso over each. You don’t want your ice cream to be completely swimming in the coffee. I like my gelato to coffee ration to be 2:1… or even less.
5. Garnish with your dark chocolate shavings. If you’re an overachiever like me, go pop that pizzelle on as well.
6. Serve immediately (aka stuff your face). This is best while warm, but not soupy.