In the first episode of Roam + Golightly: A Podcast For Creative Adventurers, Ziza Bauer and I discuss her winding road from med student to online managing editor of Darling Magazine, as well our undying love for Italy and slow living. As someone who's had the hugest lady crush on Ziza's wordsmith skills and wandering ways, I can honestly say there couldn't be anyone more perfect to kick off season one's first episode!
Love what you hear? Make sure to subscribe on iTunes and leave us your most creative review. We're giving away three $25 Amazon gift cards for our favorites!
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Catching up with Ziza and her cross country move from Los Angeles to Nashville
- Ziza's change from medical student to writer and how giving herself some time and space allowed her to reflect on her professional pursuits
- Her creative community in Los Angeles and how surrounding herself with passionate and inspiring people propelled her forward
- Championing true and authentic stories about relationships, womanhood and matters of the heart
- Ziza's favorite travel memories, her kinship with Europe and how freaking amazing Italian living is
- The richness of living a curious, adventurous lifestyle without collecting passports or traveling overseas
- Her advice on how to experience adventure in our own neck of the woods
- The beauty of holding on to hope, staying open to the grand possibilities of life and Ziza's favorite slogan "you never know"
RESOURCES AND OTHER GOOD STUFF MENTIONED:
MORE FROM ZIZA:
The Myths of Wanderlust - Is wanderlust something solely for the young and free?
Recreating the Italian Aperitivo - Detailing this Italian entertaining trend for San Pellegrino.
How to Rock a 3-Day Weekend - Not just an extra day off, but a chance to escape.
Use Your Words - Revealing the power our words can have in the relationships we value.
CONNECT WITH US HERE:
INTERESTED IN SPONSORING THE PODCAST?
Give me a shout! The part of the podcast I love the most is being able to feature makers, products and small businesses for the listeners to support.