Sara & Robert Cornelius On "Love & Marriage (& Comparing Creative Processes)"
You guys, come meet your two new favorite people! Today, you get to meet my friends Sara & Robert Cornelius. These two used to live right down the block from Luke and I, and let me tell you, they're two of my favorite people I've met in my adult life. As a married couple pursuing two different creative passions; Robert, a photographer and "Photoshop wizard" (no, but seriously) and Sara, creator of Cake Over Steak, an illustrated food blog... these two know what it's like to support each other through the highs and lows in life and in creativity too. Come hang out with us as we gab about their very opposing methods of creating content, what's inspiring them lately (including a ton of fun cookbook shoutouts), and hear us talk about all things fun, creative and adventurous. You've just met your new best friends. You're welcome!
Inspired? Feeling adventurous? Lock that feeling down and subscribe (leave us a review while you're at it too)!
EACH COMMENT MAKES IT EASIER FOR OTHER CREATIVE ADVENTURERS LIKE YOURSELF TO FIND WHAT WE DO!
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- A brief introduction to the Corneliuses: Robert, a photographer and Photoshop Wizard, and Sara, a gravestone etcher by day and food blogger and illustrator by night
- How they met and fell in love... hooray for online dating and friendly stalking each other!
- Supporting each other in their side-hussles
- The perks of dating another creative, including having each other to use as a soundboard, tapping into each other's artistic strengths when needed, and having a mutual understanding of when it's time to work
- What they identify as each other's creative strength: Sara's organization and systematic, big picture planning and Robert's excitement for his projects and ability to dive-deep into his creative ideas
- Robert's experience planning and attending photography meet-ups around the country, and his process when creating his images
- Sara's strategic method for leaving space open in her editorial calendar for what sparks her imagination, while maintaining a fully booked 2017 blog plan
- Explaining The Feast Of Saint Pizza (see our posts here, and Sara's here)
- What's inspiring Sara & Robert lately, including their favorite photographers, cookbook season, Molly Yeh, Flickr
- Connecting with other creatives online and their tips on finding inspiring makers on the vast world wide web
- Sara's thoughts on the blogging industry's future
- Their go-to activities when in need of inspiration
- Robert photo: The Fate Sisters
- Cake Over Steak's "Things I'm Loving" Series
- Wit & Vinegar's Popsicle Week, !Hola Jalapeno!'s Margarita Week
- Sara's Top 3 Recommended Blog Posts: "The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe," "Mini Golden Cake With Chocolate Filling And A Hazel Buttercream," and "The Feast Of Saint Pizza" posts Lebanon and Philadelphia edition
- Molly Yeh's "Molly On The Range"
- Katie Watersell (@katiewatersell_art)
- 500 px
- Elizabeth Gilbert's "Big Magic"
- My Favorite Murder Podcast
- Ziza Bauer's Podcast Episode
- "Tasting Rome: Fresh Flavors & Forgotten Recipes From An Ancient City"
- "Florentine: The True Cuisine Of Florence"