It today's minisode we're recapping our time in our FAVORITE city ever... Rome! Hear our tips for anyone traveling to the Eternal City, including our "old standby" favorites and our newest discoveries this time around.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why we love this city exactly and see ourselves always returning to the Eternal City years from now
- What it’s like to return to a magical place and location we love
- Our desire to deepen our roots here by connecting with local Romans and some of Luke's contacts.
- Ideas for solidifying a community abroad
OUR "OLD STANDBY" FAVORITES IN ROME:
- Dar Poeta: Buffala Pizza, Lingua de Foco, Nutella calzone
- Pazza Pizza
- Bar Latteria Gelateria: pistachio, fleur de latte
- Osteria der Belli: Spaghetti alla vongolle, bruschetta, Sicilian ravioli
- Spirito di Vino: cheese plate with marmalade, crème brulee
- Roma Sparita: cacao e pepe
- Osteria del Anima: carota e pera pasta
- Roscioli: just get anything! It’s delicious!
- Visiting the Forum at night
- Ponte Sisto
- The Vatican
- Galleria Borghese
OUR NEW DISCOVERIES:
OUR TIPS FOR ANYONE TRAVELING TO ROME:
- Balancing sight seeing and living la dolce vita
- Prioritize and schedule time to live slow, people watch and drink a Spritz
- Observe “riposo” in the hot afternoons
- Do your research when it comes time to eat! Look up food bloggers and food experts like Salt & Wind! Even better, ask a local.