In this episode of Roam + Golightly: A Podcast For Creative Adventurers, I chat with one of the original conscious lifestyle bloggers out there, Rae Tashman! Rae is an ex-pat living in Berlin, a city that she loves and is constantly inspired by. As a UI designer, blogger, writer, podcaster and public speaker... Rae is one well spoken lady who doesn't believe in fitting in one type of creating. Our conversation circles around our mutual love of adventure and Rae's insight on how we can take tiny, small steps toward living a more intentional life. Check it out!
Inspired? Feeling adventurous? Make sure to subscribe on iTunes and leave us a review. The more comments, the easier it is for other creative adventurers (like yourself) to find what we do!
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Rae's interest in the digital arts, including photography, interactive arts and design and how she became interested in learning them through being a self taught student
- Life living in Berlin as an expat and former English teachers with young students
- Why Berlin's artistic community has kept Rae interested in establishing her home there
- Rae's hidden gems to explore in Berlin and her hometown in Virginia
- The patience needed to learn foreign languages
- The power of having mentorship and having someone believe in your work and building a comradery of women online to support each other in our creative support
- Rae's mission to lead a conscious life in her diet, choices, environmental awareness, self care and our other interactions with the world
- Being mindful of those who are directly around us and how we can help our local communities in volunteer work and other outlets of help
- Rae's adventures around the world and her desire to go to Korea to find with her birth mother
- How adventure and the excitement of "newness" can happen locally and abroad
- Exploring her style phases unapologetically
- The online space's "rules" that should be ignored and the importance of staying true to yourself and your intentions