Megan Auman On "Craving Beauty & Bringing The World Into Your Home"
It's a small world, after all! Today I'm chatting it up with jewelry designer, metalsmith, educator and entrepreneur Megan Auman. After discovering Megan's strikingly gorgeous jewelry on Instagram, I just knew we'd be a match made in heaven on the podcast. Turns out, she also happens to live right in my own neck of the woods in Pennsylvania! Crazy right? We discuss her love for all things India, challenging herself finding the world in our own neck of the woods, and her desire to surround herself with gorgeous things for the sake her own sake of being a super visual learner. This episode is great for anyone needing a quick pick me up in a midwinter, hibernation slump!
Inspired? Feeling adventurous? Lock that feeling down and subscribe (leave us a review while you're at it too)!
EACH COMMENT MAKES IT EASIER FOR OTHER CREATIVE ADVENTURERS LIKE YOURSELF TO FIND WHAT WE DO!
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- Why Megan designs jewelry that is "bold enough to make a statement but easy enough to wear everyday"
- Her interest in educating entrepreneurs through her experience teaching in higher education and being a professor of metal smithing
- The importance of pursuing curiosities through education and the endless online possibilities to learn through courses online, and Megan's recommendations
- Megan's history in the arts through her mother's painting and her father's machine shop, and how metal smithing and jewelry making is the perfect blend between her two parent's passions
- Her creative process and the realities of needing to be fiercely protective of her studio time
- Focusing on her newest collection using opals from India and how her discovery of these stones immediately inspired her
- Falling in love with Indian culture through attending a workshop in Jaipur, the world's leading gem stone market
- Craving beautiful things and how being a visual learner and surrounding herself with visually stimulating and inspiring textiles, images and museums keeps her creatively on her toes
- Challenging herself to find India in her own neck of the woods through shopping for tastes, fabric, colors and Pinterest boards that influence her designs
- How allowing herself to live life like she did in India through absorbing experiences without screens when traveling around the US keeps her observant and fresh in her daily life
- Where Megan is wanderlusting to go next and her favorite local hidden gem
- CreativeLive, a live free streaming process to learn creative arts
- Harrisburg Area Community College (or HACC)
- Richie Ace Camps
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art
- ABC Home, New York
- Sage Living
- Vice Land, States Of Undress
- Swatara State Park
- Reading Museum