Grace Taylor's creative journey started in the chaotic and crazy New York city, but her experiences studying in France inspired her to value the notion of rest and relaxation in her life. PRVNCL magazine is the extension of Grace's experiences admiring and curating the balance between work and rest, something I think we can all learn a thing or two from! Together, Grace and I chat about how we can infuse little, tiny things in order to achieve that French lifestyle of valuing rest, admiring the little things and drawing inspiration from the simple, beautiful moments we overlook far too often. This episode is perfect for anyone looking to discover a more restful approach to finding inspiration, Francophiles and every one who's curious about creative wellness.
Inspired? Feeling adventurous? Lock that feeling down and subscribe (leave us a review while you're at it too)!
EACH COMMENT MAKES IT EASIER FOR OTHER CREATIVE ADVENTURERS LIKE YOURSELF TO FIND WHAT WE DO!
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Grace's creative journey and how her study abroad experience in Paris completely changed her outlook on creativity and rest
- How she was struck by the importance of rest in French culture and how she dug in deep to strive for the same work-life balance in her busy, chaotic, city-life
- PRVNCL's beginnings online and deciding to step into the print industry
- The other quarterly magazines that helped Grace determine how she wanted to share her issues to her audience
- Building a following online and their response to the notion of balance between work and rest
- How taking a beat can actually make us more creatively productive
- Grace's definition of provincial living: "to live a balanced life style, to be inspired by the simple, to take time to rest and recharge, surrounding yourself with things that fill you up, taking time to notice the small, the details."
- How we can live provincially in our day to day lives and, even more importantly, how resting our minds can actually spark creativity and inspiration more than pushing to find it
- Not guilt tripping ourselves about resting because it makes our work more compelling and present
- Volume 4's upcoming focus on "Le Cafe" and how cafe culture has been the hub for many creatives from around the world
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The Strand Book Store
- Kinfolk Magazine
- Cereal Magazine
- Trouve Magazine
- Darling Magazine
- Beauty & The Beast
CONNECT WITH US HERE:
- PRVNCL's Website (make sure to subscribe or pre-order their next issue "Le Cafe"!)
- PRVNCL's Instagram
- Our Instagram (@roamandgolightly)
- Our Twitter (@roam_golightly)
Images of Grace Taylor by Justin Posey