Emily Jeffords On "Finding Peace & Loving The Process"
As an abstract impression painter who’s work ranges from oils, watercolor and acrylics, Emily Jeffords is just one of those people who is deeply in touch with her creative process and completely understands why art is crucial to our lives. In addition to creating pieces that always nothing less than dreamy and downright soulful, Emily is also a mother of two and a creative entrepreneur who's passionate about enjoy the process of inspiration. Together Emily and I chat about why creating is so important in our lives, what keeps Emily in touch with her creativity and her tips and tricks for finding peace before diving head first into inspiration's welcoming arms. This episode is perfect for anyone who's on the verge of starting a creative project or needs a little extra push to stop and enjoy the actual steps of making and creating.
Inspired? Feeling adventurous? Make sure to subscribe and leave us a review.
EACH COMMENT MAKES IT EASIER FOR OTHER CREATIVE ADVENTURERS (LIKE YOURSELF) TO FIND WHAT WE DO!
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Allowing herself to have more creative freedom this year and how it's helped her become more inspired and in touch with herself
- Creating Instagram Stories during her process of painting
- Overcoming the need to create for sales... as opposed to creating for expression and joy and how painting for herself has welcomed a more well balanced approach to creating art
- The story behind creating her series "Do It For The Process" and how enjoying and documenting the steps of creativity and connection re-inspired her own process
- The dichotomy of making vs. selling and how vulnerable it can feel to share at the right moment, or as she puts it "putting your big girl pants on"
- Her tips for anyone who is on the cusp of sharing their work effectively and lovingly
- Completing a painting a day challenge and how it helped her journey in finding her ever-evolving aesthetic
- How motherhood redirected and empowered her desire to be an artist
- Childhood's knack for natural exploration and how we as adults should try our best to tap into that genius
- Slowing down and finding peace in the creative process, investing the desire to find rest and calm before opening the doors of inspiration
- Her tips for finding peace: playing music, enjoying her drive, sitting calmly for four minutes, lighting a candle and not fighting against the wild-ness life but carving out moments for control
- Emily's thoughts on the connectedness of landscapes across the world and how amazing it is that humans are so fascinated with nature
- Her magnetic inspiration towards landscape, abstraction, mixed media abstracts and show paintings
- Why Emily feels compelled to create and why she considers herself to be a creator
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Emily's post on creation & vulnerability, "Creativity, Business & Keeping Your Heart Through It All"
- The Painter's Palette series
- Her upcoming 5 Day Creative Retreat in France
- Julie Dodds, decorative floral arranger & stylist