Hey hey hey! Today on the podcast, I'm BEYOND thrilled to have a true girl boss and adventure queen. Nastasia Yakoub is the creator of the empowering female travel community Dame Traveler. If you aren't following Dame Traveler on Instagram, you're missing out on some of the dreamiest, wanderlusty feeds out there... and also a ton of great travel tips, food and hotel recommendations sourced specifically from female travelers exploring our beautiful globe! Hear Nastasia and I wax poetic about our love for adventures (large and small), her favorite places she's explored, and what inspired her to create the incredible Dame Traveler community.
Inspired? Feeling adventurous? Lock that feeling down and subscribe (leave us a review while you're at it too)!
EACH COMMENT MAKES IT EASIER FOR OTHER CREATIVE ADVENTURERS LIKE YOURSELF TO FIND WHAT WE DO!
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- Dame Traveler's origins and how Nastasia manages the ever-rapidly growing Dame Traveler community while traveling part time
- Nastasia's background and how a severe back injury (resulting in a lot of bed rest) inspired her to create a female travel community
- How she settled on the word "Dame" and its meaning to empower female community members who love to get swept away in wanderlust
- Why Nastasia chose to separate and curate her Instagram channels by wanderlust, food and hotels
- Her process in determining what content to share online and Nastasia's desire to celebrate courageous women exploring the world
- Nastasia's tips for women wanting to travel solo and anyone about to take a long flight
- The 45 countries Nastasia's explored and where she's wanderlusting after next
- Her highest highs and lowest lows experienced abroad
- Why connecting with locals can create a fuller, richer experience while traveling and her tips for connecting with people overseas
- Nastasia's tips for finding the best of the best (food, cultural finds, shopping) around the world
- Why "pace yourself" and "remember to remember" is Nastasia's biggest piece of advice for any woman hungry to see the world
- How being "mindful and present of the magic of where you are" is the greatest lesson she's learned being a social media influencer
- How being an influencer has changed Nastasia's style of travel, and the small things she does to disconnect from her need to share content online while exploring
- Nastasia's dream 24 hours around the world
- What her last meal would be if she could have any dish she's had from her travels
- Her local adventure ideas for anyone who's craving some exploring but can't hop on a plane right now