Belong Magazine's Brooke Saxon-Spencer On "Making A Life-Giving Creative Community"
Friends, happy Monday! The internet can be a crazy, vast place for a creative to find a home... and that's why I'm so pleased to have Brooke Saxon-Spencer, the creator of Belong Magazine on the podcast today. Belong Magazine is all about celebrating the art and the community of social media, entrepreneurship and blogging while helping women navigate the web in life-giving ways. I mean... talk about a Godsend! The encouraging and empowering community that Brooke has created with Belong is one of my favorite things this year and I'm so excited to chat with her about the magazine's beginnings, the community she's created and the ins and outs of being an editor of a independently run magazine. Get ready... this one's a goodie!
Inspired? Feeling adventurous? Lock that feeling down and subscribe (leave us a review while you're at it too)!
EACH COMMENT MAKES IT EASIER FOR OTHER CREATIVE ADVENTURERS LIKE YOURSELF TO FIND WHAT WE DO!
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- Brooke's previous experience working in the health care world before diving headfirst into magazine editorial
- How reflecting on her desire to find an online space to thrive, encourage and support lead her to landing on the idea of Belong Magazine
- Belong's origins in creating content for blogging (including the surprising twist on it's name I'd never realized before!)
- Utilizing Belong's Facebook group as a sound board to share anything from the "stupid questions" to the small victories and everything in between
- The tips and resource she'd give for anyone hunting for their own creative support system
- What's next for Belong Magazine
- Brooke's tips for anyone pursuing a creative passion outside of their 9-5 job, and why staying in touch with your needs, schedule and creative desires is key
- The ins and outs of what Brooke's reality of organizing an editorial magazine, with an in-depth look at her process behind each issue
CONNECT WITH US HERE
- Belong Magazine
- Belong Magazine's Instagram (@belongmag)
- Belong Magazine's Twitter (@belongmag)
- Our Instagram (@roamandgolightly)
- Our Twitter (@roam_golightly)